- Ice Cream, gelato, sorbet, frozen yogurt, Popsicles… pick your poison! As long as it’s cold going down, it is a summer treat you should most definitely not deny yourself on one of summer’s hottest days!
- Catch a flick. I can’t think of anywhere that blasts AC quite like a movie theatre… so catch up on your summer blockbusters and give yourself a good excuse to sit in a cool theatre for two hours!
- Don’t overeat! Believe it or not, your body heats up tremendously when trying to metabolize a meal. Give yourself a break and eat light, taking in more fluids than actual food (think fruits with a lotta juice or even some homemade iced tea).
- Dress like you live in the Caribbean! Put on a simple cotton or linen dress and nix those heavy long jeans with synthetic blends that will only get you sweating for nothing! Plus, what looks more beautiful than a summer dress anyways?
- Take a hot bath. Seriously, I know you probably think I’m nuts… but it works! You get so heated up bathing that when you get out you feel refreshed and cooled. Try it and thank me later
- Eat spicy. Look at some of the hottest countries… most of them have very spicy, exotic recipes as the backbone of their cultural traditions. Capitalize on it! By eating dishes that are spicier you are making your body sweat… and when that sweat dries it actually cools you down!
Hope this helps! Keep in mind that the weather is supposed to keep up like this until Saturday!
Do you have any foolproof tips that work?
Leave a Reply